Valentine’s Day is just a week away and the Lynchburg Community Market knows a few best-kept secrets that will melt your lover’s heart! Find a Valentine’s Day Special that will help you Share the Love.
- Take a romantic Saturday morning stroll. Just because February 14 falls on a Tuesdays doesn’t mean that is the only day that you can show you care. Park and walk around Downtown Lynchburg, making sure to stop at the Market for brunch. We hear that Lorraine Bakery is running a special on pfelstrudel and coffee for two. We recommend walking off those calories by visiting the Bluffwalk on the way to Percival’s Island!
- Speak the language of sweet. From a box of fine Belgium chocolates from the Brio Chocolatier to adorable cupcakes at Delishus Sweets, the Market is packed full of delicious desserts that will make any sweet-tooth water.
- Write a love-note for each month of the year. Unexpected displays of tenderness are always the best. Stock up on hand-made cards from Kathy Kennedy and write one whenever the mood fits.
- Plan a home-cooked meal. Let’s face it, the best way to a Locavore’s heart is through their stomach. Pick up fresh ingredients together at the Market and spend time in the kitchen together.
- Kick up your pampering style by drawing a relaxing bath. Bubbles are SO 2016! Instead, gather bath bombs, bath salts, sugar scrubs, soaps, and lotions from all around the Gallery. We recommend products from The Bee Tree and Shantara’s Soaps.
- Say it with sparkle. If you find yourself being a “traditionalist” in Valentine’s Day gift-giving, there are plenty of great one-of-a-kind jewelry pieces here at the Lynchburg Community Market. You can take the literal route with a hand-woven sterling silver heart pendant from Spearman Artisanry or find a wire-wrapped stone that’s as blue as her eyes at sunset from Dee’s Designs.
- Don’t forget about the kids! Some of the truest love you will ever find comes from the innocence of a child. Say it back with a treat from the Market. Doll clothes from Shirley & Wee Cann Creations and baseball decor at Cane Creek Country are just the beginning.
- Love your City. Virginia is for Lovers and Lynchburg is for Locavores. It’s only fitting that you can find great items that speak to your love of Lynchburg right here at the Market. Check out hand-painted items at Spearman Artisanry or grab a #DowntownLynchburg shirt alongside our Market merchandise.